The Criterion Collection is doing another flash sale! If you are undecided on what to get I made a top ten of my CC picks for this round:
1. Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (directed by Perdo Almodovar)
Pedro Almodovar is one of my favorite directors and this is the first movie of his I saw. Everything about this movie draws you in within the five minutes and reminds me of an 80’s soap opera on a bigger scale.
2. Valley of the Dolls (directed by Mark Robson)
Is it really no surprise that I added this movie to this? I adore this movie as much as I like book!
3. All That Heaven Allows (directed by Douglas Sirk
This is a beautiful movie and it will leave a lasting impression long after you watch it. This is melodrama at it’s finest.
4. Eclipse Series 9:
The Delirious Fictions of William Klein
The only way to describe the style of these movies is when you mix the front page of the newspaper with the Style section.
5.Dazed and Confused (directed by Ricard Linklater)
This movie is just plain fun.
6.Burden of Dreams (directed by Les Blank)
When Werner Herzog wants a steamship over a hill you better believe that he will DO anything to get that darn steamship over that hill.
7. Beyond the Valley of the dolls (directed by Russ Meyers “
“This is my happening and it freaks me out!”
8. Something Wild ( directed byJonathan Demme)
When you need a pick me up movie then this is right up your alley!
9. Gilda (Directed by Charles Vidor)
This film noir at it’s best. Rita Hayworth shines in this and this movie was a total game changer for her career. She was quote saying: “Every man I have ever known has fallen in love with Gilda and awakened with me.”
10. The American Friend (directed by Wim Wenders)
This film literally kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish.